- This event has passed.
CelebrASIA Austin Food and Heritage Festival
May 6 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Get ready for the Year of the Mango, the new theme for the AARC’s fourth annual CelebrASIA Austin Food & Heritage Festival celebrating Asian American Pacific Islander Month! Enjoy various Asian/Pacific foods, culinary demonstrations, cultural performances, kids’ activities, arts and merchandise available for sale and the very popular Country Experience Rooms to explore Asian countries and Pacific Island regions! Save the date for Saturday, May 6, 2017 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free and open to the public.
– Outdoor Cultural Performances Stage Emcee: Victoria Maranan, Spectrum News Anchor/Reporter
– Indoor Culinary Demonstrations Stage Emcee: Shefaly Ravula, Shef’s Kitchen
CULINARY DEMONSTRATION CHEFS
– Chefs Min & Jenna Choe, Jenna’s Asian Kitchen
– Chef Diana Nguyen, EM Gourmet
– Chef Fred Wu, Thai-Kun
COUNTRY EXPERIENCE ROOMS
– Burma: Karen, Chin and Kachin ethnic groups from Burma
– Chinese Culture Room: Chinese Society of Austin
– India: Indian American Coalition of Texas
– Indonesia: Indonesian Diaspora Network Austin
– Iran: Austin Iranian Professional Association
– Nepal: Greater Austin Nepali Society (Outdoor)
– Japan: Austin Minyo Dance Group
– Philippines: Austin Filipino-American Association
– Taiwan: Taiwanese American Professionals
– Vietnam: Vietnamese American Community of Austin, Texas – VACAT (Outdoor)
ASIAN MARKETPLACE STREET BAZAAR
FOOD: Burma Bliss (Burmese-Thai), Jenna’s Asian Kitchen (Pan-Asian), Kona Ice, Shahi Café (Middle Eastern, South Asian), Swad (Indian), Tea Haus (Taiwanese).
MERCHANTS: Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation Books and Eco-friendly Products, HOPE Farmers Market, Marigold – Gateway to India, Palestine Online Store, TxHarmony Chinese Calligraphy Arts & Crafts.
CULTURAL PERFORMANCES: ABCD Studio, April Rain School of Chinese Dance, Austin Chinese Music & Dance Group, Austin Filipino-American Association Dance Troupe, Austin Japanese Minyo Group, Baby’s Breath Youth Group, Chin Performance Group, Greater Austin Nepali Society, Kyong-Ja Park Korean Dance Group, Liao Tai-Chi School, Nippon Karate-Do Genwakai America, Siva Ori Polynesian, Texas Dragon/Lion Dance Team, The Love of China School of Dance, World Mu-Sool Won.
APAPA, Asian American Resource Center Nonprofit, Asian Family Support Services of Austin, Austin Coolers Dragon Boat Team, Austin Energy, Austin History Center Community Archivist Program, Austin Public Health – Healthy Equity Unit, Austin Public Libraries, Central Health, City of Austin Employment Service, City of Austin Office of the Police Monitor, Foundation Communities, Greater Austin Asian Chamber of Commerce, IDEAYA Inc., International Multicultural Community, KLRU, Think Bilingual Austin, Truc Viet, United Way for Greater Austin.